How to enter the World Armagnac Awards
Entry for 2017 is now closed. If you are interested in entering next year please register for news and updates.
Who should enter
Distillers, agents, designers, design agents, packaging agencies, brand agencies, importers, wholesalers and retailers of any armagnac from anywhere in the world. With entrance facilities in Europe, the US and Asia, the World Armagnac Awards provides a truly international service to entrants.
- Entries Close on 7 October 2016
- Bottles need to be received by 15 October 2016
World Armagnac Awards winners receive coverage throughout the world targeting armagnac consumers and trade buyers. In particular coverage will be:
The World’s Best Armagnacs will be announced at the World Drinks Awards reception in London, in March 2017, to which every entrant will receive an invitation.
www.worldarmagnacawards.com Full results appear in the dedicated website live as they are released and are subsequently promoted worldwide.
www.thedrinksreport.com Winners of the World Armagnac Awards will form the lead story in the World’s No. 1 online resource for drinks professionals.
The World Armagnac Awards Boxed Set
Winners of the The World’s Best Armagnac will have the opportunity to be included in the exclusive The World Armagnac Awards boxed set, providing additional marketing benefits to all winners and a trusted sampling route for consumers to purchase online.
A key focus is to ensure results reach buyers (supermarkets, off licence groups, specialist retailers, duty free stores) assisting them in their product selection process. The launch of a retail affiliate scheme will provide links from winning entries direct to retailers.
Point of Sale
Logo packs are available to all winners at no cost to include in marketing and press releases. Stickers, shelf-talkers and collars are also available to ensure you maximise your results to both the trade and consumer.
World’s Best Spirits Publication
All winners will be featured in the annual World’s Best Spirits Publication.
Shipping your entries
We are delighted to announce that we have teamed up with Procurus to provide a door to door shipping service exclusively for World Armagnac Awards entrants. You can now book your shipments in online and they do the rest.
For only £55.00 per entry this will include all transportation, administration and all duty costs applicable. You only have to enter and pack, they will do the rest. Have you registered your entries already? Login to your account to book your shipment now.
If you wish to ship your entries yourself, please send them to the address supplied in your account. If you are shipping your entries yourself, please ensure that all customs, clearance and any associated costs have been paid. If these are not paid, World Armagnac Awards can either not accept the entries or will have to invoice any costs occurred, including a £10.00 administration fee. For any enquiries regarding your shipments, please contact Anita Ujszaszi.
Enter the competition
Entry is now closed
Postal Entry Forms
Entry is now closed
|1 entry||2 entries||3 entries||4+ entries|
|Taste or Design||£160 + VAT = £192 each||£155 + VAT = £186 each||£150 + VAT = £180 each||£145 + VAT = £174 each|
|Taste and Design||£235 + VAT = £282 each||£225 + VAT = £270 each||£215 + VAT = £258 each||£205 + VAT = £246 each|
|Taste or Design||€205 each||€200 each||€195 each||€190 each|
|Taste and Design||€305 each||€295 each||€285 each||€275 each|
|Taste or Design||$270 each||$260 each||$250 each||$240 each|
|Taste and Design||$395 each||$380 each||$365 each||$350 each|
|Taste or Design||$305 each||$295 each||$285 each||$275 each|
|Taste and Design||$430 each||$415 each||$400 each||$385 each|
Rules of entry
- Each taste entry must be commercially available on 1st April 2016.
- Should insufficient entries be received in to a particular style, the World Armagnac Awards reserves the right to place that entry in to the next most relevant style.
- Entries after the entry deadline may not be considered and only be accepted at the discretion of the World Armagnac Awards. All entries should include the following information:
- a. product name.
- b. name of the distillery from which the product originates.
- c. alcoholic content (ABV).
- d. Category and Style.
- Each entry must consist of:
- 200 ml (7 oz) to 322 ml (10.9 oz) 4 Bottles
- 323 ml (11 oz) and higher 3 Bottles
Terms & Conditions
- All entry forms and products must be sent by prepaid post and be received by the closing date listed.
- Entries are only accepted on a completed entry form with the appropriate entry fee.
- Any entry form which arrives incomplete, late or illegible and any product which is late or damaged may be deemed invalid.
- If an entry is withdrawn by the due date or disqualified, the entry fee will be returned subject to an administration charge of 50% of the entry fee. Products will be retained by the Organiser.
- Entrants are responsible for any customs or other costs incurred on shipping their entry to the delivery address. Should the Organiser incur any costs from excise duties or any other costs these shall be reimbursed in full by the entrant plus a £10.00 administrative fee.
- The judges’ decision on all matters is final.
- The Organisers may, at their discretion, refuse to accept an entry.
- The Organisers may alter the closing date for the awards, place an entry in the most appropriate style, rule that an entry may not compete or is ineligible to compete, or alter the date, time or place on or at which the awards are scheduled to take place.
- The Chairman of Judges has the power to disqualify any entry not deemed as meeting the entry criteria.
- Please note: bottles will not be returned.
- Our policy on unreturned bottles is as follows:
- Opened bottles may be poured at trade and consumer events to promote the individual brand and its categories or included in the annual charity blend
- Closed bottles may be distributed to individual charities on a case by basis, or presented for auction, all proceeds going to charity
- These rules are governed by the laws of the UK.